We’ve had winter weather since it was fall. Though it’s getting lighter outside in the evening, and I can hear the birds chirping when I wake up in the morning, it is still very much winter outside. The dusting of snow that I woke up to yesterday morning proved it. The winter blues have gotten the best of me, and I am so, so ready for spring.
I have less than three weeks until spring break begins. Before we leave for our trip to Arizona, Jordan and I are going on a short camping trip with friends. I didn’t even think about the fact that it might still be 30 degrees and snowy in March, so I’m starting to get nervous. I am going way outside of my comfort zone by going camping in the first place, but camping in a tent, in winter weather? That scares me. I hope Mother Nature gets her act together — I’ve already warned my friends that we may have to cancel. Yes, I’m a baby — I didn’t grow up in a camping family.
Warm weather is just one of the things that I’m looking forward to this spring, but there are lots of other things to look forward to, also! Here are some of my spring favorites:
- Going for walks outside. This is one of my favorite forms of exercise, and a great way to spend time alone, and with family and friends!
- Springing forward. I’m one of those weirdos who loves the time change. I’ll happily take an extra hour of daylight!
- Easter! I’ll be on vacation for Easter this year, but I’m still hoping to celebrate in one way or another!
- Spring clothes. Spring clothing is more lightweight than winter clothing — this means less laundry for me to wash and fold, and less hassle when getting dressed in the morning!
- Races! The best time to run outdoors in the Midwest, in my opinion, is in the spring and in the fall, when the weather is not too hot and not too cold. The start of spring means lots of fun races, including my half marathon!
- Happier mood. My mood is so much better in the warmer months. More sunshine and more time spent outside in the fresh air = a happier Emily.
- Fun date nights. There’s so much more to do when you don’t have to worry about bundling up in ten layers and running from the car to the inside (of wherever) every time you go out. Spring is the perfect time to explore the city and try new things!
- Race season. As in, cars. I’ve mentioned before that my dad drag races as a hobby, and the season will be starting soon! It’s a fun way to have father/daughter time .
- Warm weather. Have I stressed this enough ?
What are you looking forward to this spring?
Do you enjoy camping?