1. I’m really happy that we decided to save our Valentine’s dinner date until the weekend. I’m pretty much useless after a day at work. Pizza and a movie was perfect — I was asleep by 10 p.m. and ended up getting 9 1/2 hours of sleep!
2. Speaking of Valentine’s Day, yesterday after work, I came home to a bouquet of flowers… and a strainer. Yes, a strainer. A few weeks ago, I was making brownies and told Jordan that I would love a sifter. I’m pretty impressed that he remembered me saying that, but I guess he doesn’t know the difference between a sifter and a strainer. He felt bad, but I thought that it was cute, and it gave us something to laugh about .
3. Jordan and I decided to postpone our half marathon training plan until next week. My muscles were feeling really fatigued after Sunday and Monday’s workouts, and I’ve been having more calf/shin pain. After a lot of stretching and foam rolling, I should be good to go on Monday. Hopefully!
4. You may have noticed that my blog looks a little different. I am now a part of Village Green Network, and I have advertising!
5. One of the best parts about working at a school is seeing how excited the kids get on holidays. Yesterday, nearly every teacher and student was dressed in red and pink, and the kids were running on sugar all day long. I’m glad that they still let them celebrate Valentine’s Day — some schools have banned it for religious reasons.
6. Only 5 weeks until Spring Break begins! Not that I’m counting down or anything .
7. T.G.I.F. Did this feel like the longest week ever, or what? Have a great weekend!!
What did you do for Valentine’s Day?
Do you have any plans for the weekend?