1. I have been so tired this week. I replaced two of my workouts with naps. My energy needs to come back soon, because my half marathon training plan starts on Monday!
2. Girl Scout cookies came in yesterday! Is it just me, or did the cookies get smaller and the boxes more expensive? I’m pretty sure that the price has gone up $1.50 since I was in Girl Scouts. And the Samoas seem comically small. Nothing stays the same!
3. Is anyone else excited that Valentine’s Day is less than a week away? It’s always been one of my favorite holidays, probably because I like hearts, and pink, and all things girly . I’m going over to my parents’ house on Saturday to decorate Valentine’s Day cookies with my mom and sisters — it should be fun!
4. On Sunday, I’m trying a new workout class called R.I.P.P.E.D. My friend invited Jordan and I to take the class with her and her husband, and we’re going to give it shot! I’ve put intense workouts on the back burner this week, so it’s much needed!
5. We went through our first round of houses on Tuesday night. We didn’t care for anything that we saw, but it was interesting to see what’s out there. We did end up going through that house built in 1906. Apparently, it was the very first house in our town to have a bathtub! It was a really cool house, but we both decided that we’d never sleep at night if we lived there. The bedrooms felt like something straight out of ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?’ No thanks.
6. Lent starts on the day before Valentine’s Day. I can’t decide if I want to give up sweets again or not. No chocolate on Valentine’s Day? Extra difficult.
7. I need more ideas for my lunchbox. I’m never hungry for lunch during my 10:20 lunch break, so I eat small snacks throughout the day. This week, fruit and Greek yogurt have been my main staples — but it’s not enough, and I’m starving by the time that I get home. Any ideas?
8. I’ll leave you with this. Just say no — it’s my goal for the year.
Do you like Valentine’s Day?
Are you good at saying “no”?