Thank you so much for all of your kind comments on Tuesday’s post. Jordan and I celebrated our anniversary by lounging for most of the day, playing 45 minutes of Just Dance 4 for some exercise, going out for a celebratory dinner at Olive Garden, and watching ‘Pitch Perfect.’ It was a good day .
And now… it’s back to reality. Kind of. I don’t actually go back to work until next Tuesday, so technically I’m still on vacation. It’s actually starting to make me pretty lazy. The longer that I’m on break, the less I want to go back to work. Next week’s going to be rough!
With 2013 here, it’s time to start thinking about my goals for the new year. I don’t make resolutions, but I do feel like I need to write (or in this case, type) down my goals in order to make them happen. My saying for this year is going to be, “Do less, enjoy more.” By doing less, I mean, doing less of the stuff that I don’t want to do, and enjoying more of the things that I do want to do. This also means that I will be saying “no” more often, which could be good for me . And with that, here are my goals for 2013:
1. Buy a house. I’d say this is the #1 priority for Jordan and I this year. As much as I will miss the apartment that we first lived in together, I am ready to invest in something rather than paying rent every month. This was on my list of goals last year, but we weren’t ready for the responsibility yet. This year, we’re ready!
2. Run a second half marathon. Without injuries. I’m going to take a break from running this winter, and pick it back up again in the spring. I need to let my knee and shin splints heal, and then hopefully, I can train for my second half marathon without being in pain the whole time. I might even try to convince Jordan to run this one with me .
I’m excited to try out my Garmin Forerunner 10!
3. Write. Preferably, to supplement our income. As much as I love blogging in my free time, I would love to turn this hobby into something more. I graduated with my degree in Communications with hopes of becoming a writer, and I want to make that happen.
4. Go to Mackinac Island. Jordan and I have already talked about taking a trip for our one year wedding anniversary; we just have to figure out the details! I’d love to go back with my cousin one day too — we have so many memories there .
5. Take other trips to Michigan. The majority of my relatives live in Michigan, and I don’t see enough of them. We didn’t get together for the holidays this year, so I’m hoping to get back up there later this winter, or in the spring.
Last time I visited family in Michigan!
6. Visit my friend in Arizona. My friend from college moved to Arizona in the summer of 2011, and I have yet to make it out there to see her! Jordan and I are going to Arizona on spring break with his family this year, and I’m hoping to meet up with her. We email back and forth, but I miss our monthly dinner dates and can’t wait to see her!
7. Dance. I really miss performing. I’m not sure if accomplishing this goal will mean taking dance classes at a studio, teaching dance to little kids, or becoming certified to teach Zumba, but somehow, someway, I want to get back into it.
8. Document my workouts. I’ve created a Workout Log tab on my blog so I can keep track of my workouts from day to day and week to week. I love looking at other bloggers’ logs to get new exercise ideas, and I hope that some of you will enjoy mine too! It’ll also help me remember what I did so I can mix things up more often!
What are your goals for 2013?