1. Last night, I sat through three hours of ‘The Hobbit,’ and I didn’t even fall asleep. Wife of the Year award should go to me .
2. Remember that blizzard that we had on Wednesday? Yeah, well, it only resulted in about four inches of snow. The weather people talked it up so much, and our whole town closed down, so of course I believed that we’d be getting 15 inches, as predicted. Not so much.
3. I am almost finished with this book. The only reason that I am not, is because I keep making myself stop reading so it’ll last longer! It’s a good one!
4. This year, we are having people over to our apartment for New Year’s Eve. We used to have everyone over when I still lived at home, and we decided to carry on the tradition here. Now I just need to go get the ingredients for these mushrooms, and this sangria, my main contributions to the party!
5. I refuse to take down our Christmas stuff until after New Year’s. It made me sad to see people posting pictures of boxed up ornaments on the day after Christmas!
6. For the first time in my life, last night I said “no,” in person, when someone invited me to do something that I didn’t feel like doing. Just an honest “no,” no beating around the bush. And then I felt guilty for saying “no.” Why??
7. I’ve forgotten how much I enjoy kickboxing as a workout. Earlier this week, when I was stuck inside because of the snow, and the gym was closed because of the snow, I decided to check out my free fitness video options on On Demand. Surprisingly, there are a lot of good ones on there, including a kickboxing one that will be my new go-to when I want to do cardio, but don’t feel like leaving the house! In fact, it’s on my agenda this morning .
8. One reason I love being on break is because I can watch ‘Boy Meets World’ and ‘Full House’ when they are on during the day. I want to buy all of the DVDs so my future kids can watch them someday — they don’t make shows like this anymore!
9. Have a wonderful weekend!
What were your favorite shows to watch as a kid?
Do you have any New Year’s Eve plans?