1. I’m kind of in love with our Christmas card display. I wasn’t sure that we’d get many cards this year, but clearly, I was wrong.
2. We finally got some snow! Real, stick to the ground, snow. Because of it, I have a two hour delay today. It’s going to make my last day of work (before break) feel especially weird, but I’ll take it!
3. I’ve been really bad at making dinner lately. You know, dinner that doesn’t consist of leftover pizza or “whatever we can find.” I hope to change this over Christmas break, when I can get my meal planning back on track.
4. Last night, Jordan and I had the perfect “Christmasy” evening. All of the Christmas lights on, a candle lit, gingerbread tea (for me), hot chocolate (for him), and ‘Christmas Vacation’ on TV. As fast as Christmas is coming up, it was nice to appreciate this time of year in the middle of the work week.
5. Remember how I had a cookie baking party with my friends at the beginning of the month? Well, tonight I’m going over to my parents’ house to decorate cookies for the second time, with my mom and sisters. It’s our annual tradition, and the snow outside makes the occasion even better .
6. Jordan’s first reaction to his 12 Days of Christmas gifts was, “I didn’t get you anything,” but I think he’s enjoying it now . Here’s what I given him so far:
* One video game
* Two pairs of Spider-Man socks
* Three undershirts
* Four bottles of root beer
* Five pairs of underwear
* Six ounces of chocolate
* Seven text messages with reasons why I love him
* Eight cans of Coke
As you can see, nothing is too over the top, but it’s fun to give him something everyday! And, he’ll still get gifts under the tree on Christmas morning (that was another one of his concerns ).
7. I feel like all I’ve talked about since Thanksgiving is Christmas, so I’m going to have to get creative with my posts come New Year’s. I just love this time of year so much!
8. If this is your last day of work before Christmas, enjoy it — and have a wonderful weekend!