1. This week was a whirlwind, and I’m exhausted. I taught in third grade yesterday and those kids definitely had fall break on the brain. My throat was so sore when I got home, because I was constantly trying to talk over them! I also think the sore throat is partially due to the germs I’ve been exposed to over the past couple of weeks. Some kids just don’t understand the concept of coughing into their elbow. *Sigh*.
2. Speaking of fall break, it’s pretty much here. I’m assisting in second grade today, and then the two week break begins. It’s not so great for my bank account, but it’ll be nice to have a chance to catch up on sleep and get some things organized. Oh, and I’m also going on vacation to my most favorite place in the world!
3. Speaking of going on vacation, I was up baking road trip/”imsosorryyoucantcomeonvacationhusbandpleaseeatthesecookies” cookies at 9:00 last night. Jordan has been working on a huge project at work (the reason why he can’t come on vacation with my family and I — he was invited, of course!), and I had the apartment to myself. He was pleasantly surprised with a late night snack when he got home. Or that’s what he told me this morning — he didn’t get home until midnight and I was already asleep. Poor guy, he’s the one that deserves a vacation .
4. Thank you for all of your sweet comments on my hair . I kind of miss being able to throw it into a messy bun when I don’t feel like wearing it down, but wearing it down is now so much easier and less time consuming to do!
5. Look what we got in the mail yesterday! I’m so excited to put them in frames and make our apartment feel more like a home!
6. The winner of the Bendiful Watch giveaway is Danielle! Email me your mailing information, and I’ll get the watch right out to you!
7. I probably won’t update my blog until I’m home from vacation. I want to take a few days to unplug and get my head out of social media. I will still be updating Instagram, though — it’s an addiction .
Have a great weekend!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Have you ever taken a fall vacation? The last one I went on was in 4th grade, when my family went to Disney World!