1. I have not seen Jordan since last Sunday. To say that our lives are busy would be an understatement. I miss him, and I’m so excited to spend tomorrow night celebrating his birthday, one day early, at this place.
We used to take vacations there every year when we were younger, and we made so many good memories. Eat some taco pizza and Kilwin’s ice cream for me, Lauren!
3. It’s official. At 1:00 on Sunday afternoon, we will be apartment renters! Now I just have to make sure that Jordan doesn’t do anything too crazy at his bachelor party on Saturday, since he’ll have to be all ready to sign paperwork and move in come Sunday. We timed that out nicely, didn’t we ?
4. Yesterday, one of our five-year-old campers told me that I have “crazy hair.” Why yes, my messy bun does get even crazier when it’s 104 degrees and humid outside. Naturally, I felt a little self-conscious after that was said. Five-year-olds always speak the truth, and I don’t want to be known as “the crazy hair lady” — although I guess it could be worse. Even so, I might try wearing my hair down tomorrow.
5. Jello and crayons were my two worst enemies yesterday. I splattered melted crayons (craft project) on my white American Eagle tank top, and not-quite-set Jello (kids’ snack) on my light blue Nike running shorts. I was not a very happy camper. Who can find me something on Pinterest that will show me how to get those stains out ?
6. Last night, I had a few minutes to sit on my porch (and do nothing) outside. I can’t remember the last time that I did that, and it makes me sad. In high school, my friends and I used to sit on the grass, look up at the stars, and talk for hours. I love how peaceful that feels in the summertime and I hate how I don’t take more time to enjoy it. That needs to change.
7. It will be a miracle if I can finish Jordan’s birthday dessert before we leave for dinner tomorrow night, but I’m going to try – I’ll just make it on Saturday. Either way, I am thinking about making these, or these. Who wants to help me decide?
Have a wonderful weekend!