1. I cannot explain in words how badly I want to attend this blogger conference. I saw an advertisement for it on Jenna’s blog a couple of days ago, and before reading her entire post, assumed I wouldn’t be able to attend since blogger conferences tend to be located near the East and West coasts. And then I read further. It is being held in Indianapolis! Less than 30 minutes from where I live! I think it’s fate. Who wants to join me? The downside is, it’s a little pricey, but here are some tactful ways to get a sponsorship.
2. I’ve figured out the best way for me to refuel after tough workouts. Just enough calories and sugar to replenish all of the stuff that I lose while working out, and enough protein to help my achy muscles to recover. And, it doesn’t ruin my appetite for dinner (unlike almonds, smoothies, or other quick snacks). Win-win for me.
3. I start my summer job as a camp counselor on Monday. Don’t mind the fact that I am 23 and one year out of college — my job as a camp counselor has always been far more rewarding than any other job I’ve had. The first week of camp is Disney-themed, and I’ll be working alongside one of my best friends. I’m excited!
4. My summer job as a camp counselor only lasts for six weeks. I’m still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do with my life, come August. Sigh.
5. I’ve gotten in the very bad habit of staying up late and sleeping in late, since quitting my job three weeks ago. I will happily welcome a work schedule come Monday.
6. I don’t usually like burgers, but thanks to Teddy’s Burger Joint, I think I’ve found the perfect substitute.
Portobello mushroom, avocado slices and red peppers on a whole wheat bun. I must recreate it at home this summer.
7. I’m two workouts away from making this a 5-day workout week. I’ll be back this weekend with a workout roundup post to help keep myself accountable!
8. I say this every month, but I really can’t believe that it’s already June 1st. With six weeks until the wedding, I’m going to do my best to work out regularly and eat cleaner for the next month and a half. I gave up sweets for six weeks, so I think I can cut back on the ice cream for a little bit too. Well, I’ll try .
Have you ever attended a blog conference?
If you’re married, did you change you diet and/or exercise routine before your wedding? If you’re not, would you?