1. On Wednesday night, my dad and I went drag racing for the first time this season. I believe I’ve mentioned it on the blog before, but if you didn’t know, my dad has a race car and races it for fun on occasion. I, too, used to race my street car, and this year, my dad’s going to let me go out in his! The track was ridiculously crowded and unorganized on Wednesday since the season just started, so I didn’t get home until after 11:00 p.m. (way past my bedtime ;)). But it was fun to spend a night with my dad, and totally worth it.
2. One nice thing about my job is that I can work from home when needed. Instead of taking yesterday off because of exhaustion (not just because of Wednesday night, the exhaustion’s been building for weeks), I decided to work from home. I slept in until 7:45, was working by 8:15, and was done and ready to work out by 4:15. Not having to commute two hours a day made my life much easier…and I even spent a couple of those hours working outside! There’s nothing like slathering on the SPF 30 and sitting in the sun in the middle of the April. Loved it.
3. My first bridal shower is one week from tomorrow. I’ve gotten into the bad habit of checking our online registries to see if people have been marking things off, and now that the showers are getting closer, I really need to stop. Someone please block me from viewing Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond until the end of May, okay? Thanks.
4. I am not sure that I want to completely change my last name after I get married. This one probably deserves its own post, so more on it later.
5. Last night, I did a Barre3 workout for the first time in months, and it felt so good. If you’ve never tried Sadie Lincoln’s program, you should. You will hurt the next day. And you will love it.
6. In the near future, I plan to make my blog self-hosted, and that might include a name change. I’m not in college anymore, and it’s time to let this blog reflect where I am in my life. Exciting changes to come :).
7. I am really craving Mexican food right now. This is not unusual, as I eat it (at least) once a week. Jordan and I are picking up my new laptop tonight, and I think I know where we’ll be going to dinner beforehand…
8. Tomorrow night, Jordan and I are meeting some friends to go ice skating. It should be interesting, considering I haven’t been in over two years. We actually had our second date at the same rink we’re going to tomorrow. Ah, the memories.
9. I am running a 5K in two weeks, and I have not even started to train. I guess I should really get going on that. Like, two weeks ago.
10. I’m kind of wishing that I could work from home again today, but I have an even better reason to drive in to work. My sister is meeting me for lunch at Whole Foods! Bring on the $9 salad ;).
What are you doing this weekend?
What are you craving right now?