1. My Christmas “break” officially starts today. And when I say break, I mean I took an unpaid day off today, will get an unpaid day off on Monday, and will go back to work on Tuesday.
I miss college.
2. It doesn’t feel like Christmas. Even though I’ve decorated my tree, wrapped my presents, listened to Christmas music
since October, and eaten my fair share of holiday treats, I’m still not feelin’ it. I have some holiday plans with my family today, so I’m hoping my Christmas spirit starts to kick. It doesn’t help that it’s still nearly 50 degrees outside at the end of December…where’s the snow??
3. Thanks to Exercise TV, I’ve found a new go-to workout- 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme. My exercise routine’s been a little stale lately, and Courtney reviewed the training system on her blog a little while ago, so I thought I’d give it a shot.
Last night, I did the 25 minute total body workout and the 20 minute core workout. My legs were burning by the end of the total body workout, so I really had to push myself to get through the core work! Not quite Jillian Michaels, but I am feeling it today! The 10 Pound Slimdown yoga workouts are also really good- I don’t usually like yoga, but the workouts are fairly fast-paced and keep my attention.
4. For the first time ever, I’m going out on New Year’s Eve (don’t look so surprised ). For several years, my sisters and I have had friends over for our own New Year’s party at home, but this year Jordan and I have the opportunity to go to a party downtown, and we’ve decided
not to be party poopers that we shouldn’t pass it up. Now I just need to find something to wear…
5. Technology and I need to take a break. I feel like I say this once a week, but when I’m with it all day long at work, and for a couple of hours after work (darn you blogging and Pinterest), it makes me want my personal space.
With that being said, I am signing off for the weekend. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
What are your Christmas plans?
Are you going to take a break from blogging over the holiday weekend?