Christmas Eve is only two days away, guys. Can you believe it? I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. I was hoping to bake something ‘Christmasy’ for work before I leave for the weekend (today’s my last day!), but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. The joys of being a busy full-time employee. I say that jokingly, of course. I know I’m fortunate to have a job .
So, to help me get in the Christmas spirit, I’ve decided to take this Christmas survey that’s been floating around the blog world. Enjoy…
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, with whipped cream on top.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them, of course! Where’s the fun in just sitting them under the tree ?
3. Colored or white lights on tree and house? Our tree has white lights, and our lights outside are colored. Jordan has already requested that we get a tree with colored lights when we’re married, though, and I’m okay with that.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, my family never has!
5. When do you hang your decorations up? In recent years, we’ve decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish, besides dessert? This is a hard one, because dessert is usually my favorite! But…my parents always make brunch for us after we open presents, including breakfast burritos and my mom’s coffee cake. That’s probably my favorite!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Opening my presents up with my sisters and parents and spending the whole day in my pajamas. Only in recent years have I actually gotten ready, because now, I go to Jordan’s house too.
8. What’s on your Christmas wish-list? An iPod (because mine broke in September), a Snuggie (because I’m always cold), and “Bethenny Getting Married” (because I’m getting married ). I’d really like snow, too, but it was 50 degrees outside yesterday!
9. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? Only one. Every Christmas Eve, my sisters and I get pajamas from our parents.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Very carefully. Just kidding . We have a ton of childhood ornaments, and an angel on top of the tree.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I love it! I don’t like driving in it, but it doesn’t feel like Christmas without it.
12. Real or fake tree? We’ve had an artifical tree for years, but my dad always gets a real one for our basement. My allergies are ridiculous, so the scent of a real tree kind of bothers me. I’m not sure what Jordan and I will do once we’re married!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I loved playing “Mom” when I was little, so anytime I got a new doll, I was a happy girl.I think I was most excited when I got my Baby Alive (back in the 90s when they were cute and not scary looking).
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with my family. I enjoy going to church on Christmas evening and celebrating the real meaning of Christmas, and then going out to dinner with my family afterwards (our tradition). I’m always a little sad when all of that is over.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I like fudge…and anything with chocolate in it!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Besides the ones I mentioned above, I enjoy waiting at the top of the stairs with my sisters to go down and see our gifts. I do realize that I’m 23-years-old, but we’ve done it for as long as I can remember. This will be my last year at home, so I have to enjoy it!
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? As I’ve gotten older, I really enjoy giving. I’m not going to lie though, I still enjoy receiving too . It’s fun to see how much people know me (and when I say people, I kind of mean Jordan).
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? This is a toughie. I’ve had my Pandora station set on Christmas music since Halloween (I know, I know), so they’re all kind of starting to blur together.
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Kind of yuck. I’m not a big fan of mint. I like the citrus flavored ones though!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Oh, there’s so many to choose from! “The Santa Clause,” “Elf,” and “A Christmas Story” all put me in the Christmas mood.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Homemade sugar cookies and milk, of course.
23. Do you have a favorite Christmas morning tradition? I mentioned it above- opening presents with my family and then eating brunch together afterward!
24. Do you prefer to shop online or in the mall? In the mall- it feels more authentic .
25. Christmas letter or Christmas cards? When my sisters and I were younger, we’d get a Christmas letter from Santa every year. We don’t get them anymore (obviously). Christmas cards are fun to get, especially as I get older and my friends are beginning to send them too!
Now, it’s your turn to answer one or a few of these Christmas questions!