A few days ago Colleen posted her first video blog (vlog), which inspired me to create one of my own. As I was getting ready to record myself (ah…I don’t like listening to/watching myself on camera, do you?), I remembered watching Caitlin’s accent vlog in January, and decided to do an accent vlog of my own. I find it so interesting to hear what bloggers sound like, because like Colleen, I think that I have an idea of what they sound like as I am reading their blog, and then I am surprised when they sound completely different.
Before you view the video, I should tell you my background (or, where my accent probably comes from). I am originally from Michigan, and my parents and relatives are from there, as well. But…I lived in Ohio for five years, and have lived in Indiana for over a decade.
Here are the words and questions, if you’d like to follow along:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
- body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
- groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Do I sound like what you expected? You’re going to try this vlog now too, right ?
P.S.- I am slightly embarrassed of my appearance. I hope you ignored the pimples on my cheek and the slightly messy pony…it’s just been one of those weeks. And…I am not that fidgety all the time. I was sitting on a bar stool when I recorded myself and apparently I have a habit of swiveling when I’m sitting on a fun chair