Today, I’m linking up with Lauren to share five highlights from my week.
1. On Tuesday night, my sisters and I took the opportunity to have one last girls’ night before Hilary gets married. Not like these types of nights will stop after she does — if anything, we’ll probably make a point to get together more often — but it was still nice to sit down and spend some time together during this otherwise busy week. We shared Mexican food and then stopped for ice cream on the way home. We’re all on the wedding week diet, clearly .
2. Our lawn is now more orange and red than it is green, which means that fall is in full swing. Last fall, we filled up over 25 big bags with leaves, which made me question why we bought a house with so many mature trees. It’s pretty, though, and when we have kids, we will have plenty of leaf piles for them to jump in (did you do this as a kid?)!
3. I started recording Friends during the day to give Jordan and I something to watch together at nighttime. Last night, we watched an episode together, and I didn’t think that Jordan would stop laughing. I guess he forgot how funny it is! When we were in college, we worked our way through all 10 seasons in a year. It’s definitely one of our favorite shows.
4. They are forecasting sunny skies and a high of 72 degrees for Saturday! Hilary’s wedding and reception are outdoors, so we couldn’t ask for better weather, especially at the end of October. Some people questioned her decision to have an outdoor wedding this late in the season, but it’s going to be beautiful!
5. I dug up some old photos this week, and found these ones — how can you not love matching Little Mermaid outfits and stick-on earrings? Molly wasn’t born yet, but if she had been, I’m sure she would’ve been matching too!
Hilary and me
Hilary and Lauren
What are your memorable moments from the week?